Good dental health means having healthy teeth and gums. Maintaining it is something that you have to work at every day.
It can be a real balancing act: using the right oral care products, your personal oral care habits, and seeing us at Eric Hull DDS Aesthetic & General Dentistry in Comstock Park MI at least twice a year.
Your dental health strategy should include:
- Daily brushing and flossing. You should brush and floss twice a day. Just before bedtime is especially important, because it cleans out the germs and plaque that build up during the course of the day.
- Proper brushing. It’s important not only to brush, but to brush properly. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush in a gentle, circular motion along the gum line. Take your time; a minimum of two minutes is recommended. Don’t forget to brush your tongue!
- Using fluoridated toothpaste. There are dozens of choices when it comes to toothpaste. Whether you prefer mint flavored or bubble gum, fluoride is the most important consideration. It can help strengthen your teeth and maintain that smile!
- Limiting sugary and acidic foods. Acidic fruits, teas, and coffee contributes to enamel erosion. Sugar converts into acid when it’s in your mouth. You don’t have to avoid these foods entirely, but choose carefully and minimize your intake.
- Seeing the dentist twice a year. Your daily dental health care habits are essential, but so is the attention and care of a dentist. A professional tooth cleaning alone is worth the trip, but we can also identify issues before they become serious, and treat them.
At Eric Hull DDS Aesthetic & General Dentistry in Comstock Park MI, we see patients from Ada, Belmont, Grand Rapids, Sparta, Walker and Rockford, MI. Our services include cosmetic dentistry, general dentistry, dental implants, and Invisalign orthodontics. Contact us today!
Contact Eric Hull Aesthetic & General Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):