Most people know that regular brushing and flossing are essential for optimal oral health. However, the bristles of your toothbrush can’t reach into every small groove and depression in your teeth, especially the really bumpy back teeth. That’s where dental sealants from Stewart & Hull Aesthetic & General Dentistry in Comstock Park can be invaluable.
- What are dental sealants?
- Dental sealants are barriers applied to the biting surfaces of teeth. They help prevent cavities by filling in the grooves and fissures where food particles are particularly difficult to remove.
- Which teeth can benefit the most from sealants?
- Sealants are most commonly applied to the first and second molars because they are at the highest risk for decay.
- When should sealants be applied?
- The best time is early – while the teeth are cavity-free. It is best to seek advice from a dental professional.
- Are sealants just for kids?
- Not necessarily. Ask us about whether sealants could benefit you.
- Is brushing and flossing still necessary for the teeth with sealants?
- Yes. Dental sealants are not a substitute for daily oral care. They should be considered a supplement to brushing and flossing.
At Stewart & Hull Aesthetic & General Dentistry in Comstock Park we offer complete family dentistry services. Patients from Ada, Belmont, Comstock Park, Grand Rapids, Sparta, Walker and Rockford, MI come to our office to improve their smiles with cosmetic dentistry and Invisalign clear braces. Call for an appointment today!
Contact Stewart & Hull Aesthetic & General Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):