Some of the most popular dental topics discussed in Belmont, Comstock Park, Grand Rapids, Sparta, Walker and Rockford, MI relate to cosmetic dentistry, such as teeth whitening, veneers, and dental implants. However, the desire to avoid cavities is still the main reason Belmont, Comstock Park, Grand Rapids, Sparta, Walker and Rockford, MI residents visit Dr. Stewart and Dr. Hull, so today our blog is going to highlight the 5 things you need to know about cavities.
1. Cavities can also be called caries or tooth decay. When a tooth is permanently damaged in the hard surface, tiny openings occur. These little holes are cavities.
2. Factors that contribute to tooth decay are:
Consuming sugary beverages
Teeth that haven’t been cleaned well
3. Cavities may get so bad that you will see pits or holes in your teeth, but symptoms may be more subtle, such as sensitivity, stain, pain when biting, or a toothache. If you experience any of these symptoms, you should call Dr. Stewart and Dr. Hull today for an appointment.
4. Cavities are more common among children, but that doesn’t mean adults don’t have to take precautions.
5. Preventing cavities is simple. Be sure to brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, floss daily, eat right and avoid snacking, and have regular visits with your dentist.
If you are looking for quality dental care in the Comstock Park area, Stewart and Hull Aesthetic and General Dentistry is the office for you. We have been treating dental patients in Comstock Park, MI since 1974. We can also answer any questions you have about cosmetic dentistry procedures such as gum contouring and smile makeovers.
Dr. Stewart and Dr. Hull
Stewart and Hull Aesthetic and General Dentistry
769 York Creek Dr NW
Comstock Park, Michigan