Implants? Crowns? Veneers? Invisible braces? As dental technology and services have expanded in the Comstock Park area, so has the vocabulary. Dentistry has advanced to provide many new solutions that address almost every possible dental issue.
In the past, if a patient in Comstock Park had a missing tooth or a severely damaged tooth, Michigan dentists regularly suggested dental bridges or dentures, because they were the best options at the time. These days, dental implants in Comstock Park have proven to be superior to dental bridges for most of our patients. They can also replace dentures or anchor dentures for some patients.
Dental implants in Comstock Park provide many important advantages over a dental bridge or dentures, such as:
- Longevity – Dental implants are durable and permanent, meaning with proper care they can last ten years or more.
- Seamless – Fabricated to have the same shape, size, and color of the original tooth, the implant will blend seamlessly with all the other teeth. If the original tooth had aesthetic issues, these can often be corrected with the implant crown.
- Function – A dental implant functions like a natural tooth allowing for normal eating and speaking.
- Convenience – Unlike dentures, no adhesives, rinsing, or removal is necessary.
- Independent – Like the missing tooth, the dental implant is treated individually. No damaging of adjacent teeth is required, as with dental bridges. This independence allows nearby teeth to remain intact. Cleaning is easier than with most dental bridges which can require the threading of floss under and around the artificial tooth.
Let’s Consider the Dental Implant Method
If you are interested in getting a dental implant, Stewart & Hull Aesthetic & General Dentistry will carry out an exam, take x-rays and give you a consultation. If it is determined that you are a good candidate for the procedure, the process will begin.
The titanium implant, which looks like a dark screw, will be place into the bone of your jaw. Over the next couple of months, the bone and implant will bond together to form a root for your new tooth.
After the necessary time has passed for bonding of the bone and implant, an extension (called an abutment) is placed on top of the initial implant post. We will then place the beautiful permanent crown on top of the full post. This tooth will match your other teeth to create an exceptional new smile. You will find that the new tooth will look and feel the same as your natural teeth; You may even forget which tooth is the implant. The upkeep is the same, with brushing, flossing, and regular check-ups needed.
If you want to confirm if dental implants in Comstock Park are the right choice for you, call Stewart & Hull Aesthetic & General Dentistry for more specifics. We also provide other dental services, such as gum disease treatment, Invisalign orthodontics, porcelain veneers and teeth whitening.
Contact Stewart & Hull Aesthetic & General Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):