A cracked tooth can be painful, unattractive, and pricey to repair. At Stewart & Hull Aesthetic & General Dentistry, we hope to keep your teeth healthy and strong. Today’s post contains an easy-to-follow list of tips for your dental health in Comstock Park.
1. We have to state the obvious but don’t chew on hard foods. People should steer clear of ice, hard candies, hard nuts, popcorn, and beef jerky. Watch out for stone fruits—that peach may be soft but if you bite hard into the pit, you could damage a tooth.
2. It is important to protect your teeth while engaging in any physical activity where your mouth can be hit. If you enjoy pick-up basketball games, indoor soccer leagues, recreation center flag football, or any other outdoor activities, you should be using a well-fitting mouth guard.
3. Don’t use your teeth as a tool. Take a minute to find a pair of scissors before you tear open a package of lunch meat or rip the price tag off a new piece of clothing with your teeth. Use a nutcracker for nuts. A quality dental crown can cost you hundreds of dollars.
4. Grinding your teeth is detrimental to your dental health in Comstock Park. If you know or suspect that you are a tooth grinder, speak with your dentist so you can address the problem with stress reduction techniques or a mouth guard. Frequent headaches or jaw pain can often be attributed to nighttime teeth grinding.
5. Lastly, make sure that you visit your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings. For those of you concerned about your dental health in Comstock Park, your dentist can alert you to conditions that might predispose you to a cracked tooth, such as having an uneven chewing surface or brittle teeth. Your dentist may also discover tiny cracks you aren’t aware of. Take care of these cracks before the whole tooth is in danger.
If you already have a cracked tooth, never fear! Treatment is available for cracks small and large. Veneers, cosmetic dental bonding, inlays/onlays, fillings, and dental implants are all used to repair or replace damaged teeth.
If you live in the Comstock Park area and are seeking a friendly, experienced, and gentle dentist, please give us a call and ask us about our general and family dentistry services.
Contact Stewart & Hull Aesthetic & General Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):